IBM MentorPlace is an online mentoring program that links the knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm of teachers and students with the talent and skills of IBM employees.
In Hong Kong, IBM employees volunteered their time to become e-mentors to school students from secondary schools as part of the IBM MentorPlace program.
Today, in over 35 countries, more than 6,000 IBM employees are providing academic assistance and career guidance to over 7,000 students ages 8 to 17 years old.
- is a secure, web-based internet site which enables students and mentors to collaborate on a range of activities and subjects
- involves IBM employees volunteering their time to mentor school students providing advice and guidance
- provides opportunities for students to gain real insight in the business community and increase their confidence around future career options
- IBM works closely with school administrators to identify appropriate partner schools, teachers and classrooms
- activities cover all core academic areas, as well as subjects like careers, nutrition and sports
- traditional mentoring conversations also take place
Students from primary to secondary schools
Click here to learn more about IBM MentorPlace
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at 2825-6222.