This announcement is issued by IBM India Pvt. Ltd., on its behalf and behalf of its affiliated companies, SoftLayer Technologies India Pvt. Ltd. and Network Solutions Pvt. Ltd., hereinafter referred to collectively as "IBM"
IBM recruits people for a wide variety of technical and administrative skills from across the country. It has come to our notice that certain parties have been visiting educational institutions and have been conducting 'Recruitment Drives' for freshers, purportedly on behalf of IBM. In addition, certain misleading advertisements have been placed on portals through which parties have also been issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee.
Through this announcement, we wish to caution job seekers and educational institutions at large that these parties or persons are not affiliated to IBM in any way. IBM, as a policy, does not authorize external parties to conduct employment drives or extend Offers of employment on its behalf. It is also not our policy to charge or collect fees of any kind from educational institutions or from candidates for participation in a recruitment event or to receive Offers of employment.
Please reach us on email@example.com for authentic information on off campus hiring.
IBM DOES NOT:
- Send job offers from free internet email services like Gmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, and so on.
- Ask you to deposit any money for giving job offers to Experienced Professionals or Fresh Graduate Trainees.
- Appoint any agent/agency/company to advertise about IBM Off campus hiring or conduct any employment interviews or make offers of employment/benefits on its behalf.
- Send the letter of employment via emails. All offers are posted on the IBM Candidate Portal and can be accessed by the individual only through a unique ID and password.
Please note that any offers/benefits/content/instructions presented in such misleading emails impersonating IBM, do not represent those of the company.
Considering the technical feasibility of receiving spoofed * mails, candidates are requested to take due care to validate the authenticity of the source of the email. IBM will not accept any liability for the actions of candidates on spoofed mails / communication. Queries, if any including request for authentication of job offers, may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Email spoofing is email activity in which the sender address and other parts of the email header are altered to appear as though the email originated from a different source. Because core SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) doesn't provide any authentication, it is easy to impersonate and forge emails. - Source: Wikipedia
Connect with us. Follow IBM on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin (US).