Telecom and Mobile Research
- Martha Larson, Nitendra Rajput, Abhigyan Singh, Saurabh Srivastava, "I want to be Sachin Tendulkar! A Spoken English Cricket Game for Rural Students," CSCW 2013
- Mahelaqua Alam, Sara Basson, John Thomas, Nitendra Rajput, Kundan Shrivastava, Saurabh Srivastava, "Community Oriented Spoken Web Browser for Low-literate Users", CSCW 2013
- Michael Bernstein, Mike Bright, Ed Cutrell, Steven Dow, Elizabeth Gerber, Anupam Jain, Anand Kulkarni, "Microvolunteering: Helping the Helpers in Development", CSCW 2013
- Florian Metze, Nitendra Rajput, Xavier Anguera, Marelie Davel, Guillaume Gravier, Charl van Heerden, Gautam V. Mantena, Armando Muscariello, Kishore Prahallad, Igor Szo¨ke, Javier Tejedor, "The Spoken Web Search Task at MediaEval 2011," ICASSP 2012.
- Jitendra Ajmera, Om D Deshmukh, Anupam Jain, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, Saurabh Srivastava. "Audio Cloud: Creation and Rendering," IUI 2012.
- Saurabh Shrivastava, Nitendra Rajput, Gururaj Mahajan, "SWAicons: Spoken Web Audio icons: Design, Implications and Evaluation," CSCW 2012.
- Om Deshmukh, Nitendra Rajput, S. S. Lathwal, Yajuvendra Singh, "Vocalization Patterns of Dairy Animals to Detect Animal State," ICPR 2012
- Anirudha Joshi, Arnab Chakravarty, Abhishek Shrivastava, Nagraj Emmadi, Amrutha Krishnan, Surbhi Bindlish, Saurabh Srivastava, Nitendra Rajput, "Usability Evaluation of Visual IVR Systems," APCHI 2012
- Niketan Pansare, Chris Jermaine, Peter Haas, Nitendra Rajput, "Topic Models over Spoken Language", ICDM 2012.
- Jerome White, Krishna Kummamuru, Nitendra Rajput, "Expansion Methods for Job-Candidate Matching Amidst Unreliable and Sparse Data,", COLING 2012.
- Shachi Sharma, Shalini Kapoor, Bharat Srinivasan and Mayank Shekhar Narula, "HiCHO: Attributes based classification of ubiquitous devices", 8th International ICST Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems (Mobiquitous), 6-9 December 2011, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Arup Acharya, Nilanjan Banerjee, Shachi Sharma, Dipanjan Chakraborty, "Pressentials: A Flexible Middleware for Presence-enabled Applications", Conference on Principles, Systems and Applications of IP Telecommunications (IPTComm), 1-2 August 2011, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
- Z. Yan, D. Chakraborty, C. Parent, S. Spaccapietra, K. Aberer, “SeMiTri: A Framework for Semantic Annotation of Heterogeneous Trajectories”. Accepted for publication. 14th International Conference on extending Database Technology (EDBT), 2011.
- Simon Robinson, Nitendra Rajput, Matt Jones, Anupam Jain, Amit Nanavati, Shrey Sahay "TapBack: Towards Richer Mobile Interfaces in Impoverished Contexts", in ACM Conference on Computer Human Interaction (note), May 2011
- Arup Acharya, Shachi Sharma and Nilanjan Banerjee, "Presence Based Network Topology Tracing System for VoIP Networks", in IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, May 2011
- Shruthi Adappa, Vikas Agarwal, Sunil Goyal, Ponnurangam Kumaraguru, Sumit Mittal "User Controllable Security and Privacy for Mobile Mashups" in 12th Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications March 2011
- Z. Yan, C. Parent, S. Spaccapietra, D. Chakraborty, “A Hybrid Model and Computing Platform for Spatio-Semantic Trajectories”, In Proc. 7th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2010
- S. Saguna, A. Zaslavsky, D. Chakraborty, CrysP: Multi-Faceted Activity-Infused Presence in Emerging Social Networks. In Proc, 3rd Conference on Smart Spaces (RUsmart), 2010
- K. Aberer, S. Sathe, D. Chakraborty, A. Martinoli, G. Barrenetxea, B. Faltings, L. Thiele, “OpenSense: Open Community Driven Sensing of Environment”, In Proc, 1st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on GeoStreaming (IWGS) (along with GIS 2010)
- Sheetal K. Agarwal, Anupam Jain, Arun Kumar, Nitendra Rajput, "The World Wide Telecom Web Browser", Annual Symposium on Computing for Development (ACM DEV) 2010, December 2010, London, UK.
- W. Galuba, D. Chakraborty, K. Aberer, Z. Despotovic, W. Kellerer, “Outtweeting the Twitterers - Predicting Information Cascades in Microblogs”, In Proc, 3rd USENIX Workshop on Online Social Networks (WOSN), 2010.
- Z. Yan, L. Spremic, D. Chakraborty, C. Parent, S. Spaccapietra, K. Aberer, “Automatic Construction and Multi-level Visualization of Semantic Trajectories”, 18th ACM SIGSPATIAL International conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 2010. (demo paper)
- Neil Patel, Deepti Chittamuru, Anupam Jain, Paresh Dave, Tapan Parikh Avaaj Otalo - A Field Study of an Interactive Voice Forum for Small Farmers in Rural India in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (SIGCHI), April 2010. BEST PAPER
- Vikas Agarwal, Sunil Goyal, Sumit Mittal, Sougata Mukherjea, John Ponzo, and Fenil Shah “Towards Enabling Next Generation Mobile Mashups” in International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems (MobiQuitou),, Sydney, Australia, December 2010
- Sheetal Agarwal, Ketki Dhanesha, Anupam Jain, Abhishek Kumar, Srijit Menon, Nitendra Rajput, Kundan Srivastava, Saurabh Srivastava, "Organizational, Social and Operational Implications in Delivering ICT Solutions: A Telecom Web Case-study," in International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development, December 2010.
- Sheetal K Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, “Alternative information Web for visually impaired users in developing countries”, in IBM Journal of Research and Development, Nov-Dec 2010.
- Ketki Dhanesha, Nitendra Rajput, Kundan Srivastava, "User Driven Audio Content Navigation for Spoken Web," in ACM Multimedia, October 2010.
- Mamadou Diao, Sougata Mukherjea, Nitendra Rajput, Kundan Srivastava, "Faceted Search and Browsing of Audio Content on Spoken Web," in Proceedings on ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM) October 2010.
- Robert Farrell, Nitendra Rajput, Rajarshi Das, Catalina Danis, and Ketki Dhanesha,"Social Navigation for the Spoken Web," in ACM RecSys, September 2010 .
- Robert Farrell, Rajarshi Das, Nitendra Rajput, "Social Navigation through the Spoken Web: Improving Audio Access through Collaborative Filtering in Gujarat, India," AI-D symposium at AAAI, July 2010
- Vikas Agarwal and Pankaj Jalote. From Specification to Adaptation: An Integrated QoS-driven Approach for Dynamic Adaptation of Web Service Compositions. in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Miami, Florida, USA, July 2010.
- Vineet Rajani, Arun Kumar, D Janakiram, “Xi-Calculus: A Calculus for Service Interactions”, in IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), Florida USA, July 2010.
- Sheetal K Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, “User Generated Content Creation and Dissemination in Rural Areas”, in International Journal of Information Technology and International Development, June 2010
- Sheetal K. Agarwal, Anupam Jain, Arun Kumar, Amit A. Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, “The Spoken Web: A Web for the Underprivileged”, in ACM SIGWEB Newsletter, Summer 2010
- Arun Kumar, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Priyanka Manwani, “The Spoken Web: Software Development and Programming through Voice”, in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on World Wide Web (Developer Track), Raleigh, US, April 2010
- Arun Kumar, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Priyanka Manwani, Ketki Dhanesha, “(Voice) Website Creation and Access Using Phones”, in Proceedings of the 2010 International Cross Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (W4A) ,collocated with WWW 2010. Raleigh, US, April 2010
- Arun Kumar, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Priyanka Manwani, “The Spoken Web Application Framework: User Generated Content and Service Creation through Low-end Mobiles”, in Proceedings of the 2010 International Cross Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (W4A), collocated with WWW 2010. Raleigh, US, April 2010
Back to top
- Acharya, N. Banerjee, D. Chakraborty, K. Dasgupta, A. Misra, S. Sharma, X. Wang and C. Wright "Programmable Presence Virtualization for Next-Generation Context-based Applications", In Proc. 7th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), March, 2009.
- Sheetal Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, Content Creation and Dissemination by-and-for Users in Rural Areas, in International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), April 2009.
- Arun Kumar, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Himanshu Chauhan, Sheetal Agarwal, Nitendra Rajput, "FOLKSOMAPS: Towards Community Driven Intelligent Maps for Developing Regions," in Third International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), Doha, Qatar, April 2009.
- Nilanjan Banerjee, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Koustuv Dasgupta, Sumit Mittal, Seema Nagar, and Saguna. R-U-In? (Are you in?) - Exploiting Rich Presence and Converged Communications for Next-generation Activity-Oriented Social Networking. In Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Mobile Data Management, Systems, Services, and Middleware (MDM), May 2009.
- Kalapriya Kannan, Nanjangud C. Narendra, Lakshmish Ramaswamy "Managing Configuration Complexity during Deployment and Maintenance of SOA Solutions", in International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), September 2009
- V. Agarwal, S. Goyal, S. Mittal, and S. Mukherjea. MobiVine: A Framework to Handle Fragmentation of Platform Interfaces for Mobile Applications. In Proceedings of 10th International Middleware Conference, Illinois, USA, November 2009.
- V. Chenthamarakshan, K. Dey, J. Hu, A. Mojsilovic, W. Riddle and V. Sindhwani. Leveraging Social Networks for Corporate Staffing and Expert Recommendation in IBM Research and Development Journal, November 2009.
- Natwar Modani and Kuntal Dey."Large Maximal Cliques Enumeration in Large Sparse Graphs" in International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD), November 2009.
Back to top
- H. Agrawal, G. Chafle, S. Goyal, S. Mittal,, and S. Mukherjea. An Enhanced Extract-Transform-Load System for Migrating Data in Telecom Billing, In proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2008, Cancún, México.
- Sheetal Agarwal, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Swati Challa, Nandakishore Kambhatla, Arun Kumar, Sougata Mukherjea, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, “Pyr.mea.IT : Permeating IT Towards the Base of the Pyramid”, in ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, January, 2008
- Sheetal K Agarwal, Nitendra Rajput, Amit A Nanavati, Sougata Mukherjea, and Arun Kumar, Raising a Billion Voices, in ACM Interactions, March-April 2008.
- Sheetal K Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit A Nanavati, and Nitendra Rajput, The World Wide Telecom Web Browser, in World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2008 (Poster)
- Sheetal K Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit A Nanavati, and Nitendra Rajput, VoiKiosk: Increasing Reachability of Kiosks in Developing Regions, in World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2008 (Poster)
- Nilanjan Banerjee, Koustuv Dasgupta, Lee Longmore, Sougata Mukherjea, Li Na Ren, Jia Jia Wen, Qi Yu, "Service Control Layer (SCL): Enabling Rule--based Control and Enrichment in Next--generation Telecom Service Delivery", in Middleware 2008, (Industry Track)
- Koustuv Dasgupta, Rahul Singh, Balaji Viswanathan, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sougata Mukherjea, Amit A. Nanavati, Anupam Joshi “Social Ties and their Relevance to Churn in MobileTelecom Networks”, in EDBT 2008
- Kalapriya Kannan, Biplav Srivastava: Promoting Reuse via Extraction of Domain Concepts and Service Abstractions from Design Diagrams. IEEE SCC (1) 2008: 265-272
- Kalapriya Kannan, and Biplav Srivastava, “Design Diagrams as Ontological Sources: Ontology Extraction and Utilization for Software Asset Reuse” in The Semantic Web for Knowledge and Data Management: Technologies and Practices, IGI Global.
- Apurva Kumar, “Integrated Security Context Management of Web Components and Services in Federated Identity Environments”, in International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, 2008
- Kumar, N. Rajput, S. Agarwal, D. Chakraborty, A. Nanavati, “Organizing the Unorganized – Employing IT to Empower the Under-privileged”, in World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2008
- Sumit Mittal, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sunil Goyal and Sougata Mukherjea. “SewNet - A Framework for Creating Services utilizing Telecom Functionality”, in World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2008
- Amit Anil Nanavati, Rahul Singh, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Koustuv Dasgupta, Sougata Mukherjea, Gautam Das, Siva Gurumurthy, Anupam Joshi: Analyzing the Structure and Evolution of Massive Telecom Graphs. in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 20(5) 2008
- Vinayaka Pandit, Natwar Modani, Sougata Mukherjea, Amit Anil Nanavati, Sambuddha Roy, Amit Agarwal: Extracting dense communities from telecom call graphs. In COMSWARE 2008
- Bikram Sengupta, Nilanjan Banerjee, "Tracking transaction footprints for non-intrusive end-to-end monitoring", in 5th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing, 2008.
- Manish Sethi, Kalapriya Kannan, Narendran Sachindran, Manish Gupta: Rapid Deployment of SOA Solutions via Automated Image Replication and Reconfiguration. IEEE SCC (1) 2008: 155-162
Back to top
- Tanveer Faruquie, Nitendra Rajput, Vimal Raj, “Improving automatic call classification using machine translation,” in IEEE ICASSP 2007, Honolulu, Hawai, USA, Jan 2007.
- S. Arun Nair, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, "Conspeakuous: Contextualising Conversational Systems" in HCI International, Beijing, China, 22-27 July 2007.
- Purnima Gupta, Nitendra Rajput, "Two-Stream Emotion Recognition For Call Center Monitoring" in Interspeech, Antwerp, Belgium, 27-31 August, 2007.
- Arun Kumar, Nitendra Rajput, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Amit Anil Nanavati, “VOISERV: Creation and Delivery of Converged Services through Voice for Emerging Economies,” in IEEE WoWMoM, Helsinki, Finland, June 2007.
- Arun Kumar, Nitendra Rajput, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Amit Anil Nanavati, “WWTW: The world Wide Telecom Web,” in NSDR 2007 (SIGCOMM workshop), Kyoto, Japan, 27 August, 2007.
- Sheetal K. Agarwal, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Arun Kumar, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput, "HSTP: Hyperspeech Transfer Protocol", in ACM Hypertext 2007, Manchester, UK, 10-12 September 2007.
- Arun Kumar, Vikas Agarwal, and Neeran Karnik “Metering and Accounting for Service-oriented Computing”, in E-Business Models, Services, and Communications - Advances in E-Business Research Series (Volume 2), Idea Group, 2007.
- Arun Kumar, Anindya Neogi, Sateesh Pragallapati and D. Janaki Ram, “Raising Programming Abstraction from Objects to Services”, in IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), July 9-13, 2007, Utah, USA
- Girish Chafle, Gautam Das, Koustuv Dasgupta, Arun Kumar, Sumit Mittal, Sougata Mukherjea and Biplav Srivastava, “An Integrated Development Environment for Web Service Composition”, in IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), July 9-13, 2007, Utah, USA
- Apurva Kumar “Efficient Filter Based Replication for LDAP Directories”, in International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Istanbul, Turkey, April 2007
- Arup Acharya, Xiping Wang, Charles P. Wright, Nilanjan Banerjee, Bikram Sengupta, Real-time monitoring of SIP infrastructure using message classification, in Mine-net 2007 (ACM Sigmetrics Workshop on Mining Network Data), San Diego, USA, June 2007
- Nilanjan Banerjee, Koustuv Dasgupta, Sougata Mukherjea, "Providing Middleware Support for the Control And Co-ordination of Telecom Mashups“, MNCNA 2007: Middleware for Next-generation Converged Networks and Applications (Workshop with Middleware 2007), California, USA, Nov. 2007.
- Dipanjan Chakraborty, Sunil Goyal, Sumit Mittal and Sougata Mukherjea. "On the Changing Face of Service Composition in Telecom", in MNCNA 20007: Middleware for Next-generation Converged Networks and Applications (Workshop with Middleware 2007), California, USA, Nov. 2007.
Back to top