There are eight criteria you must meet in order to be eligible for the Awards component of the survey (to be identified as one of the 'Best Workplaces in New Zealand'):
1. All employees must be given the opportunity to complete the survey.
This includes full-time and part-time employees, and excludes contractors and casuals.
2. Only responses from New Zealand-based employees are considered when finalists are selected. Final selection excludes responses from overseas employees. If you have overseas staff you must include a demographic question to separate New Zealand based responses from overseas staff.
3. Response rate. You must achieve a response rate as follows
|Number of employees||Response rate required||Other requirements|
|20-49 employees||80%||Minimum 20 employee responses|
4. Your organisation must have been operating in New Zealand for at least 12 months at the commencement of their survey. This applies to startups but not mergers or acquisitions. If you would like to check if this eligibility requirement applies to you please contact IBM.
5. Your organisation must agree to participate in the IBM Best Workplaces Survey in good faith. Please view our policy on providing incentives to employees to complete the survey.
6. The survey must be completed during the qualifying period. For the 2017 awards, the survey must be completed by 31 October.
7. Participation in the Best Workplaces Awards is automatic if you participate in the Best Workplaces-branded survey and meet the eligibility requirements.
8. In some instances independent business units within a 'family' of organisations may undertake the survey. This would apply where that business unit operated as an autonomous unit, separately branded, and could reasonably be seen as a distinct entity from its parent organisation. Conversely, a department of an organisation cannot undertake the survey. If you are unsure of eligibility, please contact IBM on 0800 801 800 (within New Zealand) +64 9 359 8777 (international). If you can't meet this requirement but still wish to survey your staff, the New Zealand Workplace Survey offers an alternative option.